Sometimes database version updates are done to OPS-COM (ParkAdmin) for Android's data structure to implement new functionality. These updates are outside of the built-in Android automatic updates. The database version switch requires a small amount of communication from both yourself and us to update. We will contact you should a database version switch be necessary.
Assuming you were contacted in regards to a database version switch, the process is as follows:
To ensure an optimal and quick version switch please schedule a time with us to make the database version switch. Simply let us know a time from 10 AM - 4 PM Eastern Standard Time, Monday - Friday (regular office hours) ensures we are available and prepared for the switch. Otherwise, you may be waiting for us to get back to you after the app is uninstalled (between steps 2 and 3 below). If we are aware of the switch and on standby, the response should be as little as 5 - 10 minutes.
- Obtain all your active devices with ParkAdmin for Android installed.
- Perform a full sync before uninstall to ensure any possible synchronized items are uploaded to the server (violations). This can be checked by logging into the ParkAdmin app and going under replication status. If the ViolationsTransfer and VehicleTransfer tables are checked everything of note is synchronized with the server.
- Uninstall the ParkAdmin for Android app from all devices.
- Contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or submit a support ticket and let us know the ParkAdmin app has been uninstalled from your devices and you are ready for the database version switch.
- We will email you back confirming once the database version switch has been made on our end.
- Done, the database version switch has been completed.