When do we use this?
By default OperationsCommander is set up to disallow the admin user from editing user names. Once a username is entered it should not change. However if an error is made in entering the username you can select a setting to allow admins to make edits. This setting should be used only as a temporary measure. We suggest you turn it off after making your edits.
- By default the username field is not editable:
- To begin go to the System Config menu and click on System Settings.
- From the resulting list of settings click on User Profile to edit it's settings.
- From the list of settings look for Allow Username Edits.
- Click on the setting to select it.
- Once the setting is activated, as you can see below, the admin now has the ability to edit the username.