When do we use this?
When initially logging onto OperationsCommander as an administrator, the first landing page you are presented with has a message window that can be edited to suit your specific needs.
General information can be placed here. Many ops-com users place schedule information on this landing page as well.
- This is typically the default look of the Admin Dashboard message - it appears on the primary landing page after a new installation.
- To Edit this message, go to the System Config menu and click on System Messaging to enter the message manager.
- From this interface, you may choose to edit various system messages. The items you are allowed to edit are governed by what permission level you have. Some of the items you see here can only be edited by the OPS-COM Support team.
In this case, we wish to edit the Admin Dashboard message. Click the edit button for this page.
- The screen will refresh to the message editor, where you can simply edit the text using the WYSIWYG editor.
- If you prefer to work in html, you can select Source Code from the Tools menu item.
This will open a window where you can write and/or cut and paste html code into.
- Once you have finished editing the page, click the Save Messaging button to confirm the changes.
- A pop up message will confirm that your changes have been saved.