OPS-COM Beta Program
To add your device to the beta program following this link:
Why use a Google Account provided by us?
There are a few reasons we provide this service and recommend using a Google Account provided by us to manage your OPS-COM enabled Android devices.
As you may or may not know, to even get on the Google Play store to download apps (such as ParkAdmin) a Google account login is required. Having a Google account associated with an Android device comes with a number of benefits, such as, but not limited to:
- Access to the Google Play Store.
- Remote device data backup to Google servers via Android Backup Service.
- Google Device Manager access for increased security and access control (i.e. remote wipe, reset PIN, locate device via GPS, etc.).
- Increased control on our end (we can see which devices are configured, version, device hardware details, etc). This is particularly useful if troubleshooting potential issues with tablets.
- The ability for us to push alpha and beta versions of the OPS-COM (ParkAdmin) for Android app software to specific tablets as needed.
For the above reasons we have set up a Google Apps account, which is essentially Google services (Gmail, Android device management, etc), but for businesses/organizations which allows for more control than a personal/single user Google Account with added security.
To be clear, you own the devices you purchased and can remove the Google account connectivity at any time or switch to a different Google Account not controlled by us. We simply recommend using a Google account provided by us to make it much easier to manage your devices and not have to worry about creating a Google account of your own.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
This guide outlines how to add an OPS-COM (ParkAdmin) Google account to an Android enabled device. Depending on your Android version the steps may be slightly different, however mostly similar. You will require a @handhelds.ops-com.com email account and password. If you do not have one please contact us.
- Navigate to the settings of your device area.
Under accounts select add account.If you already see Google in the accounts area you can also remove existing Google accounts from the device by clicking Google.
- Under the add accounts list select Google.
- Enter the email address we provided you with, which should end in @handhelds.ops-com.com and follow the prompts shown.
You are setting up an existing Google account, not a new Google account.
If prompted to use a @Gmail.com address you may have accidentally selected new google account instead of existing.