When do we use this?
Hang Tag Printing allows administrators to either print individual hang tags or print batches of hang tags.
- In Parking Management, hover over the 'Permit Management' icon and click 'Hang Tag Printing'.
2. The 'Vehicle Hang Tag Printing' screen will display. Select the Semester from the drop-down menu and select the files that you want to retrieve for printing. Enable the checkbox is if you only to print tags for which the payment has been fully processed. Select the Permit Lot Name from the drop-down menu or enable the checkbox to disregard the lot type. Select the distribution method and the permitted range.
Click the 'Retrieve' button to submit the search criteria.
3. The results will display below the search criteria. Note, permits paid by Payroll Deduction will be highlighted.
- Click the Username link to see an overview of the user. You can select the User Profile icon to open the user profile.
- Click the Permit Number link to see parking permit information.
5. Enable the Email check box(es) to chose users to send the hang tag by email to. Click the 'Email Selected' button, then fill in the details of your email.
6. To print hang tags, enable the Print check box(es). If you wish to print hang tags for all users, click the 'Select All' button. Click the 'Deselect All' button to clear all selections. If you do not want to include an expiry date on the permits being printed, ensure that the 'Do not print date' checkbox is enabled. Otherwise, select the expiry date to be printed on the hang tag and click the 'Print Selected Hang Tags' button.
This will open up a new window displaying the username and address (positioned to fit in a windowed envelope) in the top left, the lot long name and permit number in the top right as well as the actual permit at the bottom.
Note, some organizations use perforated paper to make it easier to remove the permits to be laminated. The empty space on both sides of the paper can be pre-printed to provide parking information, rules and regulations to your users. Some organizations will also purchase holograms to go on the permit as well.
The completed print job
Select the print option from your browser (ctrl+p is the print shortcut). A sample printed parking permit front and back would look similar to this:
Note, hang tags can also be printed by going to a user's history. Under the Parking Permit Records section, under the Permit #, select the printer icon to print just that one hang tag. (If there is no printer icon, the hang tag has already been printed.)
Below are sample margin settings.
Do not select "Shrink to Fit" and instead always use "100%".