When do we use this?
When an incident occurs, Campus Security has the ability to record the incident as well as track investigation, and outcomes of all incidents. This article describes a typical workflow through the OPS-COM incidents module.
NOTE: It is important to configure several items prior to using the incident module. To learn how see this article on Configuring Incidents.
Incidents can be reported in several ways:
- Campus Security may observe violations as they occur
- Individuals may contact campus security to report incidents
- Staff may report incidents on behalf of fellow staff or students
- Requests to investigate may come from campus administration
- Incidents may be caught on surveillance cameras etc.
Initiating the entry of incidents into the system can be done in a couple of ways.
These items can be generated in any order.
Once an incident is recorded in the system Security Administrators can track the progress of any resulting investigation or follow-up events related to the incident.
Tasks can be created and assigned to officers, primary investigators, case workers and security administration through the incidents tool.
Investigators can track their progress from initial discovery through to resolution.
Steps taken in the process as well as the outcome for individuals involved can be recorded, and in turn reported on through IncidentAdmin.
The following subjects are the main highlights in the workflow process in IncidentAdmin.
- Searching, viewing and editing incident records
- Working with related occurrences and violations
- Viewing "My Tasks" within IncidentAdmin
- Generating reports from records stored in IncidentAdmin
A Word About Reports
There are a number of reports that can be generated in IncidentAdmin.
- Recent Incidents Summary Report - Lists the last 30 days of incident records. For more information click here.
- Search Repeat Offenders - Report on individuals involved in multiple incidents
- Weekly Stat Report - Reports on the number of all types of incidents that happened during a specified time span
- Calls for Service
- Summary Search - Allows administrators to get a summary of all incidents that have been recorded within a specified time frame. For more information click here.
- Summary Report - Allows administrators to produce a list in a spreadsheet format of incident summaries based on a date range.
- Report by Category - Search for incidents under defined categories within a specific time frame. For more information click here.
- Sub Location Report - Search incidents filtered by sub location. For more information click here.