When do we use this?
Violation Entry allows your Patrol Officers to create a Violation for a Vehicle to be synced to the OPS-COM Administration System.
- When logged into OPS-COM for Android, tap on the Search Vehicle menu.
Follow the steps in this article to locate the plate you wish to issue the violation for.
After entering the plate number by OCR, voice or typing, the screen refreshes with a list of possible plate numbers.
Note: The red x indicating this vehicle is in violation.
- Select the plate number that matches the image.
In this case, tap AJAL506.
- Add vehicle details. Tap to add a vehicle description.
- Tap to select an Offence Type and a drop-down menu appears for you to select the appropriate response.
- Tap the Select Offence Location. A drop-down menu appears for you to select the appropriate response.
- Tap on Towing Fee to add one if required. The cursor blinks to indicate you are in input mode. Enter an amount.
- Take pictures for proof in case of a dispute.
- Tap Save and Print. Ensure that the printer is powered on and connected. A Ticket will print and the handheld device will return to the Vehicle Search screen.
Best Practice Tip
Note the reminder at the top of the screen indicating there is data to sync.
This is especially important at the end of a shift. You don't have to immediately sync when you see the flashing bar.
Using Groups and Zones
Plate searching and vetting can be focused using groups and zones.
When using virtual lots you have the ability to specify groups and specific zones within the group.
For example, there may be parking available closer to a building that could be reserved for specific groups of people.
In our example Building 1 has spots for Day Care parking.
- Tap on Any Parking Group to access a list of groups.
Here we select BLDG1 for example
2. Tap Any Zone to select the specific zone you are patrolling.
Here we select Day Care.
3. The following is an example of a vehicle permitted to use day care parking after 4:00 pm.
With the handheld unit set up as described above the plate was scanned using the LPR/OCR functionality.
Note: The Green Check Mark indicating the vehicle is permitted to park in the specified Group and Zone.
4. Viewing the Vehicle Details shows the permit information.
Note: The green flag indicating the permit is valid for this Group, Zone, and Time Slot. ( After 4:00 pm )