To set up the system to be able to use this you need to set up 3 settings
- Select the cog menu item, then System Settings
- Select Permits
- To enable this functionality, enable the 'Enable Managed Waitlist' checkbox, enter admin emails into the Waitlist Email Managers field, then enter the amount of time that is being given to users to purchase permits in the Waitlist Reservation Duration box.
Assigning a User a Permit from the Wait list
When a permit becomes available in a lot with a wait list admin will be notified and the permit will be reserved for the people on the wait list. The admin can then go into the OPS-COM system and assign the permit to a person who is on the wait list.
- Open the Parking Management menu option, then select Waiting lists. Select Student or Non-Stu Wait List depending on which user types you are managing the wait lists for.
- The Waiting List scree opens.
- Select Assign to associate the selected user to the permit you wish them to have.
Releasing an Assigned Permit
When a user passes the allocated amount of time to pay for the permit they have been assigned the admin will be sent an email.
The admin then has the option to release the permit, so that it can be assigned again or to Extend the users time to pay for the permit.
- From the Waiting List page, select the permit icon beside the user name.
- From the Parking Permit Information page, select Release Permit
Extending a Users Time to Purchase the Permit
- From the Wait List page, select the information icon beside the permit number
- From the Parking Permit Information page, select Extend