When do we use this?
Permits can be rolled over from one active period to the next. In other words the admin can renew a patron's ownership of their current permit by rolling them over into the next active period whether it's a monthly, yearly or semester type permit.
Patrons who pay by payroll deduction or through credit card purchases can also have their payments processed automatically as part of the rollover process.
Before Attempting rollovers, please follow the steps in these wiki articles to ensure you have activated the correct Sales Window and that you have your information correctly setup for automatic payments.
Performing Permit Rollovers
- After performing the steps outlined in the Sales Window Management and Credit Card Management in OPS-COM articles, the stage is now set to perform roll overs. Hover over Permits and click Active Sales Window.
Note: Sales Window (A) that you added in the steps performed in Sales Window Management has been added to the list.
- Click Rollover Users to launch the Rollover Wizard utility. At this point, we have the ability to select what user types we wish to roll over, or simply leave it as the default of All User Types. We can also select the lot we wish to roll over. In this example, we focus on the After4PM Lot where we have two permits available to roll over.
3. With the lot selected, click Confirm Rollover to begin the rollover process.
- The screen will refresh with a list of permits available to rollover.
Note the reference at the top of the page indicating we are rollling over permits from the Yearly 2017 Sales Window to the Yearly 2018 Sales Window.
- It is important to note the difference between the two items in this list. The system is set up to automatically roll over permits that have been paid through gateway payment types such as Mastercard, Visa. Payroll Deduction etc.
In this example User (A) will be rolled over but will need to make a payment in order to secure his Permit. While User (B) will be rolled over and his payment will be processed automatically.
Note that the Process Payment for user (B) is automatically toggled on (will be processed) as well as the Credit Card Type appears in the button. If for any reason, the person is not continuing to park in a given lot, simply exclude them from the rollover by unchecking the corresponding check box under Rollover.
- Click Rollover Permits to complete the process.
- Refer to this wiki article to process payments for these permits. You will need subscriptions setup for payroll deductions, EFT or credit card payments. Refer to this wiki article for more information.
You can prevent permits from rolling over by setting the "renewable" flag on the permit. For more information refer to this wiki article.