Preparing to Invoice
- Click System Config > System Settings > Payments.
To choose the starting Invoice number enter it in the Invoice number field.
- You must also setup your Invoicing template. You can do that by editing the Permit Invoice template. For more information, refer to this wiki article.
- Decide if you wish to allow unpaid permits to rollover to the next period. If you do, refer to this wiki article.
Setup Invoice Contacts
There are different flags you must set so that your Companies and Individuals that require invoices will receive them. Instructions are below.
- On the Company Edit screen, you must set the 'Invoice Emails' field to contain the email addresses you want. They can be separated by colons ( : ) or by commas as shown. This will ensure that the invoices go to the correct company contact.
- For Individual users that you wish to invoice, you must edit their user profile and enable the 'Individual' checkbox and the 'Receives Invoice' checkbox.
Creating Permit Invoices
- Click Allocations > Prepare Company Invoices.
- The 'Prepare Invoices' screen displays. A list of invoices that are ready to send will be displayed.
Click Prepare Invoice.
Note - Currently, only permits for user types that are not Student or Staff will be shown as available for invoicing.
- A list of invoicing for the selected allocation will display. The Admin can toggle off invoices that they do not want to send, but typically you would send all selected.
All Invoices are toggled on by default.
Set the Billing Date and Due Date. In this case billing was done on October 25th and the payment is due November 1st.
- Click Send Invoices to schedule the invoices for sending. The following message will pop up.
- After a few seconds the Invoicing task will be displayed on the Task Manager Icon as below. You can see the status of the task. In this case it is complete. You can click the blue "X" to clear it or leave it be.
- Emails will be sent to the companies selected. By default, the email will be formatted as follows:
The invoice will list the names users as well as the permit numbers being purchased.
Note the Date and Due Date: The Date indicated is the billing date and the Due Date indicates when the invoice is expected to be paid.
Note: This template can be customized by following the instructions in this wiki article.
Click on an invoice number to see a copy of the invoice that will be sent to the client. Note: If you wish to print this you can right click and print it out of your browser. You can also print to a PDF if required. You can also export this report to Excel. This will show you the revenue for a selected date range by Lot. When do we use this? It is also possible to re-send an invoice if the client requests a second copy sent. In our sample here we are looking for an invoice for Voula Costa.
Searching for an Invoice
In this case we are searching for a date range.
Re-Sending an Invoice
If for example the client mistakenly deleted the email, the admin has the ability to search up the original invoice and send it again.
Hover over Permits and click on Invoice Search in the drop down menu.
Printing From Emailed PDF
Click on an invoice number to see a copy of the invoice that will be sent to the client.
Note: If you wish to print this you can right click and print it out of your browser. You can also print to a PDF if required.
You can also export this report to Excel. This will show you the revenue for a selected date range by Lot.
When do we use this?
It is also possible to re-send an invoice if the client requests a second copy sent.
In our sample here we are looking for an invoice for Voula Costa.
Cancelling an Invoice
If you have issued an invoice then the company would like users removed or changes made, you MUST cancel the invoice. If you don't it will show up twice as revenue for that month and both invoices will be due for payment.
- If you wish to cancel and invoice click the cancel button. The following prompt will display.
- Click 'Cancel Invoice' and the invoice will now show up as Cancelled on the report.
- Make your changes as required to the permits and users then go back to Prepare Invoices. That company should be there to reissue as long as the changes you made are not further back than a year.