When do we use this?
This section allows you to add new lots as well as to edit the price of a permit for the specified lot by editing the text box on the same line as the lot name.
1. Hover over the Parking Management icon and click Lot Administration then Pricing and Lot Admin.
2. The Permit Pricing & Lot Administration screen will display. You can edit the prices and visibility of your lots on this screen.
Click the Show Archived button to view/edit archived lots. Click the Excel Export link to get a report of all the permits in a lot.
If you are able to edit the price and the checkbox for visible to users, this indicates that the lot is currently part of an active allocation.
To activate an allocation, refer to Allocate Permits. Press the Save Updates button after making any changes.
3. Click the Lot Name link to see details for that lot. Lot info is split into 4 tabs; General, Zone & Location, Temporary Parking, and Statistics. Click the Update this Lot button to save any changes you make to each tab.
Options available on the General Tab are:
- The option to Archive the lot
- The option to Make the lot visible to site users (If this item is not selected the user does not see the lot in the pick list when purchasing a permit)
- Lot Name
- Lot Short Name: Enter an abbreviated name for the lot based on the lot name
- Default Cost: Enter the base amount charged for this lot
- This Lot Can Be Prorated: If selected this item gives the admin the ability to sell a permit partway through a sales window time frame where the system will calculate a proration based on the number of days left in the sales window.
- This lot can be used for a second permit: By default, the system is set to limit a user to one permit. When selected the end user will be able to purchase multiple permits in the lot in question.
- Lot Category: Formerly used as a group setting
- Lot Type: Lots can be common lots which mean any user type can park in these lots. If you wish to restrict access to certain user types select User Type lot and then select what user types you wish to grant access. Hold the Ctrl key when clicking on user types to select multiple types.
4. Options available on the Zones & Location tab:
- Location: The description supplied here will appear on the user side as the description of the lot.
- Lot Sales Window: This setting relates to the sales window applies to the lot (Monthly, Yearly, Semester or Other)
- In the Zone section: In this section, the admin can configure a zone for this lot. For more information on zones please see this WIKI article.
- Access Card Type: Indicate what type of access card if one is required for this lot.
- Hang Tag items: If hang tags are required for this lot toggle these two settings on in order to activate hang tag printing.
- Deposits: If a deposit is required for this lot, select what type of deposit/s apply to this lot. For more information on Deposits please see this Wiki article.
5. Options on the Temporary Parking tab. This tab allows the admin to configure all aspects of temporary parking for this lot.
- This lot is for temporary parking only. When toggled on this lot can only be used for temporary parking.
- Max Permits per Day: Enter the number of temporary parking spots available
- Daily Cost: Enter the maximum fee a parker will be charged if parking for more than 6 hours in the lot
- Hourly Costs: Enter the fee amount for temporary parking of 2,4 and 6 hours (If the lot is meant to be a flat rate regardless of time parked, leave these fields blank
- Allow temp permits to be used for up to 30 days: Toggle on to limit temp permits from going over 30 days
- Allow temp permits to be used over 30 days: Toggle on to allow temp permits to exceed 30 days
- Allow all vehicles on profile to receive the permit: Toggle on to apply permits to all vehicles on a users profile. (By default the system is set to apply the permit to only the vehicle it is registered under.)
- Over 30 days Monthly Cost: Enter the fee charged for parking over 30 days
- Enable this lot for Text2ParkMe: Toggle on to allow Text2ParkMe (A phone number has to be configured in the system in order to use Text2ParkMe)
- Text Code: Enter a short name for the lot that will be seen in the chat app when purchasing Text2ParkMe
- Minimum Time: Enter the minimum amount of time that will be charged
- Maximum Time: Enter the maximum length of time one can purchase through Text2ParkMe
- Rate Per 10 Minutes: Enter a rate that will be charged for every 10-minute segment of parking
6. Options on the LPR Settings tab
- LPR Lot Group: Select the lot group this lot belongs to.
- Free Parking Time: This is considered the grace period allowed to give patrons time to register their plate with a pay by plate meter.
These stats reflect the number of permits that are currently available and what is currently assigned.
- Available Permits:
- Currently Assigned: