When do we use this?
This article explains how customers can buy a parking permit
The Purchase a Parking Permit option allows customers to purchase either regular parking permits (monthly, semester, yearly) or temporary parking permits (short-term permits from a few hours to a few days). If your vehicle is not already registered, you can do this here too. Note, you can also register multiple vehicles by using the Vehicles option.
1. Click on the parking button on the navigation bar near the top or on the index page.
2. If you do not have a vehicle registered, you will be asked to select the "Vehicles" button to add a vehicle.
3. This will then take you to a screen where you will need to select "Add New Vehicle".
4. This will take you to the disclaimer page for parking; read through this agreement before clicking “I agree”, which will allow you to proceed to add vehicle information.
5. Once you agree to the disclaimer, you will be asked to provide the vehicle information. Select the "Add New Vehicle" button at the bottom to save the information.
6. This will bring you to a summary screen confirming the vehicle details that you have entered. If you need to edit any of the information, click on the license plate to take you back to the Modify Vehicle Information screen, select "Modify Vehicle" to save updated information. You can add multiple vehicles by selecting the "Add New Vehicle" button. To register a parking permit to the vehicles specified, select the "Register Parking Permit" button.
6. When you select "Register Parking Permit", you will be asked to agree to the disclaimer. As long as you agree to the terms specified, select "I Agree".
7. On the Parking Permits screen, you will have the option to register either a regular parking permit, or a temporary parking permit. Please note that the temporary parking permit is only valid up to 30 days, so if you need the permit for longer than 30 days, you will be required to purchase a regular parking permit.
8. When you register a regular parking permit (Temporary Parking Permits - Skip to Step 9), you will be directed to a map with a list of the different lots available. If you know which lot you want, select it. If you do not know the lot you want, refer to the map to find it. NOTE: If the lot that you select has a yellow circle with a “W”, and it is grayed out, then the lot is full and the “W” is an indicator to put your name on the waiting list. Skip to Step 10 to continue.
9. If you selected the Temporary Permit option, you will get a page that has a start and end date for you to edit. Remember, that you cannot have the permit span more than 30 days. Select the vehicle you wish to register then choose which lot where you will temporarily park.
10. Once you select a lot, you will be taken to a page that will indicate the permit cost as well as the dates your permit will span. If you have selected the correct lot then you can confirm that the information is correctby pressing the “Purchase this Permit” button.
11. This will then take you to the “Payments Due” section where it will show the total monies due for all the services you can purchase through this site as well as any access card payments and violations payments.
12. Once you have confirmed that the payment details are correct, select the "Proceed to Payment" button. This will bring up the options to pay for your permit. Once you fill in your payment options info, select the "Submit Information" button to submit your payment.
13. At this point your payment is complete. If you purchased a regular parking permit, your permit (hang tag) will either be sent to you by email or you will need to go to the office to pick up your permit (hang tag). If you purchased a temporary parking permit, you will need to go to the History screen and scroll down to the Temporary Parking Permits Records. Select Print Permit on the temporary permit you wish to print. The temporary permit will be downloaded as a PDF to your computer for you to print.
Temp Permit sample: