When do we use this?
Administrators can review violation appeals to cancel tickets, grant appeals with reduced fines or uphold appealed violations. In the event that the appeal time has expired and no appeal has been applied for, then the Admin can still grant an appeal by editing the violation and using the Appeal area in the edit window.
1. Hover over the Violations icon and click 'Appeals' and then select 'Appeals Report'.
2. The 'Appeals Management - Awaiting Resolution' page is displayed.
3. Click 'View' beside a person's name to get details on that appeal. The 'Appeal Management - View Details' screen displays.
If you click the person's username, you will be taken to the 'Edit User Profile' page. If you click the ticket number, you will be able to view the 'Violation Information' page.
All information on the appeal is displayed. The user history is displayed as well as user and vehicle information.
Click the 'Action Taken' picker and choose to Uphold, Reduce or Cancel this violation. In this example, 'Reduce Violation' has been selected and a new fine amount is entered. In the box for 'Comments to Send to Appellant', enter your comments regarding your appeal decision.
Click the 'Submit' button when finished to process the appeal and to email the user.
This is an example of the email that will go to the user.
4. Alternatively, you can follow steps taken from the 'Edit a Violation as an Administrator' page excerpted below:
3. Click 'Edit/Update' to display the 'Edit Violation Information' screen. Administrators can make changes to basic information and deal with appeals for this Violation.
Highlighted in yellow is the Appeals section. The different fields in the 'Appeals Area' are explained below:
Ticket Appealed - This is the date in the first picker and how the appeal was filed in the second picker.
Fine Action - Choose from Upheld, Reduced or Cancelled
Offense Value - The amount can be manually edited if Reduced on appeal but will automatically be reduced to 0.00 if Cancelled. You can also edit the Offence Value directly.
Appeal Reason - The reason for launching the appeal can be recorded here. This field can be viewed by the user.
Appeal Admin Comment - This is for private appeal notes. These notes are not viewable by the user.
APPEALS GRANTED, REDUCED OR CANCELLED TICKETS CANNOT BE EDITED AGAIN AND ARE NO LONGER ELIGIBLE FOR DISCOUNTS.
However, if the ticket has been appealed and the user goes to a higher power to have the ticket overturned, then you can edit the ticket and change it to a warning this will keep the information and change it to a zero value and complete the processing. This will also keep the history so that the Admin will still know that they had a ticket in the past. A comment can be added to the warning to further explain
Change the Actioned per: field by selecting the Admin account making the changes from the picker.
4. Click 'Update this Violation' and the 'Violation Information Updated' screen is displayed.