When do we use this?
Sources are used to further define Dispatch Categories, and can be added/edited/removed using the steps outlined on this page
A source is the way a report/complaint/incident is reported to Dispatch - example: An individual reports suspicious activity to dispatch by phone (phone being the source of how the information was received)
- Click Admin Options, Dispatch and Sources.
- The Dispatch Category Link Administration page will display. From here, you can add, edit, and/or delete Source Names, and Categories as needed.
- To add a new source:
- Scroll to the bottom of the Dispatch Category Link Administration page. Select the blank text box and type in the name of your new source.
- Select the categories that should be linked to this source from the connected drop-down menu.
- Note: If you want to select all categories when you create this new source, you may left-click on the first category in the list (which will show up highlighted in blue once selected) and scroll down to select all.
- Click on Insert Newto add your new source, and the selected category links.
4. To edit a source:
- Choose the source you wish to edit from the list of sources (found on the Dispatch Category Link Administration page).
- Make the desired changes to the textbox (source name) and categories selected, then click Update to save.
5. To delete a source:
- Find the source you wish to delete in the list of sources, then click the Delete button, found on the right-hand side of the page.
- A confirmation pop-up will appear. Click OK to confirm the delete, or click Cancel to return to previous page.
On this page, there is a link that will take you to Add/Edit Dispatch Category, found at the top of the page. Using this link will open the Dispatch Category Administration page.
For more information on how to add/edit a dispatch category, read the article on Categories, found here.