Support for STOP, BLOCK, and CANCEL (SMS STOP filtering)
Operations Commander will handle the following English language text messages in accordance with industry standards:
- STOP, STOPALL, UNSUBSCRIBE, CANCEL, END and QUIT – will stop customers from receiving messages.
- START, YES and UNSTOP – will opt customers back in to the messages coming from your Text2ParkMe phone number.
- HELP and INFO – will return a message informing the customer that they can use the above commands to control the delivery of messages.
Text2ParkMe allows users to pay for temporary parking via text messaging (SMS). Text2ParkMe will also send out reminders when your parking time is about to expire and allow users the option to extend their parking time. Note that text messaging fees do apply based on individual phone plans. For system security, Text2ParkMe only allows one active booking at a time. Users cannot place more than one transaction/vehicle parking booking until the previous booking has expired. Users will also want to refer to their organizations parking map for visitor parking lot locations.
- If not already registered, users must first register by Creating a profile.
- Users must Edit their Profile and add a cell phone number, associate a credit card as well as set up their reminder notification settings. All of this can be done from Your Profile.
- You may find your Text2ParkMe settings at the bottom of the Profile Information page.
- You can set reminders under Parking Expiry Reminder to let you know by SMS if your booking is about to expire. You can choose to be reminded in 5 minute intervals between 5 and 30 minutes or opt out of reminders by selecting No reminder.
- If users have not already set a primary credit card, they will need to Register a Credit Card ensuring the car is set to be the primary cardholder.
- If users have not already registered their vehicle(s), they will need to Register the Vehicle(s) first. Users only need to update their profile and vehicles once before the initial use of Text2ParkMe.
- Using your registered cell phone, text ParkMe to the Text2ParkMe telephone number provided by your organization. Note that every time users send a text to the access number the system will reply with instructions to follow for the next step.
- Text P to park or Q to quit.
- Text the number that corresponds with the parking lot you wish to use.
- Text the number of minutes that you want to purchase the temporary parking for. If the number of minutes was entered incorrectly you can text the number again.
- If the time entered is correct text C to continue or L to go back to the beginning to select a new lot.
- Text either the number that corresponds with the licence plate that will be parked at the organization or the plate number if the vehicle is not already registered.
- Text C to confirm purchase or L to go back to the list of lots.
- Users will receive confirmation that parking has been purchased via text and email the user listed in their profile. You can find a sample screenshot of what the receipt looks like below.
- Users will receive a text reminder from Text2ParkMe five minutes prior to the expiration of their booking. From this reminder message users can further extend your parking permit if needed. If no more time is required users do not need to respond to the reminder.
- To extend your temporary parking permit, text E and follow the instructions above to add more time.