Support for STOP, BLOCK, and CANCEL (SMS STOP filtering)
Operations Commander will handle the following English-language text messages in accordance with industry standards:
- STOP, STOPALL, UNSUBSCRIBE, CANCEL, END, and QUIT – will stop customers from receiving messages.
- START, YES and UNSTOP will opt customers back in to the messages coming from your Text2ParkMe phone number.
- HELP and INFO will return a message informing the customer that they can use the above commands to control the delivery of messages.
Text2ParkMe allows users to pay for temporary parking via SMS (text) messaging. Text2ParkMe will also send out reminders when your parking time is about to expire and allow users the option to extend their parking time. Note, text messaging fees do apply based on individual phone plans. For system security, Text2ParkMe only allows one active booking at a time. Users cannot book more than one transaction/vehicle parking booking until the previous booking has expired.Users will also want to refer to their organizations parking map for visitor parking lot locations.
- If not already registered, Users must first register as a new user by creating a profile.
- Users must edit their profile and add a cell phone number, associate a credit card as well as setup their reminder notification settings.
- You can allow reminders to let you know by text if your Parking is about to expire. You can set this for 5 minutes to 30 minutes or you choose not to get them.
- If users have not already set a primary credit card, they will need to Register a Credit Card then set the card to be the primary card.
- If users have not already registered their vehicle(s), they will need to register the vehicle(s). Users only need to update their profile and vehicles before the initial use of Text2ParkMe, unless there are any changes to your information.
- Using your registered cell phone, text ParkMe to the Text2ParkMe access (telephone) number provided by your organization. Note, every time users send a text to the access number the system will send back instructions to follow for the next step.
- Text "P" to park or "Q" to quit. Text the number that corresponds with the parking lot to be used. Text the number of minutes that you want to purchase the temporary parking for. If the number of minutes was entered incorrectly, you can text the number again. If the time entered is correct, text "C" to continue or "L" to go back to the beginning to select a new lot. Text either the number that corresponds with the licence plate that will parked at the organization or text the plate number if the vehicle is not already registered. Users will then confirm all temporary parking details that have been entered. Text "C" to confirm purchase or text "L" to go back to the list of lots. Users will receive confirmation that parking has been purchased by text and by an email sent to the email address that users listed in their profile.See sample screen shots below.
- Users will receive a text reminder from Text2ParkMe five (5) minutes before the expiry of their booking. From this reminder Users can further extend your parking permit if needed. If no more time is required Users do not need to respond to the reminder.
- To extend your temporary parking permit, text "E" and follow the screenshots above to add more time.