When do we use this?
The Company Editor allows the Admin to add company entries to the OPS-COM system. Once a company is added the Company Manager can manage their employees accounts.
Accessing the User Company Editor
- Under Admin Options, click Users, User Companies.
- The Company Search window will display. To add a company click Create New Company.
- The Company Edit window will display. In our example we are using the following entries:
- Account Number: ABC-12345
- Company Name: Widgets Incorporated Address: 100 Main Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K2K 2E6
- Contact Name: John Walker Address: 1110 Main Street, Carleton Place, Ontario, K2K 1R4
Once the data is entered, click Add New Company
4. When we return to the Company Search page, it should look like the following: Notice how we now have our company in place but no users at this point.
To add users, navigate to the user's profile. In our example we are adding John Walker (the company contact). In John's profile enter Widgets Incorporated in the company field to link John to that company.
5. Enable the Company Manager checkbox to select John as a Company Manager. This will allow him to access the profiles of other people in his company.
Note: There can be multiple Company Managers for the same company.
When complete it will look like the following:
You can continue to add users to the company in the same manner as described above. In this example we will add John Doe as well John Griffiths to the company. When you then search the company notice we now have a user count of 3 displayed:
If you click on the number, the system will take you to the user search screen displaying the 3 users associated with the company.