When do we use this?
The Company Editor allows the Admin to add company entries to the OPS-COM system. Once a company is added, the Company Manager can manage their employees accounts. Refer to this wiki article for more information.
There can be multiple Company Managers but only one Company Billing Contact.
The Company Billing Contact is the person that has the credit card or payment method on file and is allowed to pay for all Company permits.
Accessing the User Company Editor & Add a New Company
- Under Admin Options, click Users, User Companies.
- The Company Search window will display. To add a company click Create New Company.
- The Company Edit window will display. In our example we are using the following entries:
- Account Number: ABC-12345
- Company Name: Widgets Incorporated
- Address: 100 Main Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K2K 2E6
- Contact Name: John Doe
- Address: 1110 Main Street, Carleton Place, Ontario, K2K 1R4
- Invoice Emails: This is the email address they would like the invoices mailed to.
Once the data is entered, click Add New Company
4. After you have added the company you will see a green message confirming the company has been added.
Using Company Search
- When we return to the Company Search page, it should be displayed as a search result.
Notice how we now have our company in place but no users at this point.
Archiving a Company
Only Companies with zero associated users can be archived.
- To archive a company, search for it and click the Edit button to open the Company Edit screen.
- Click the Archive button in the top right hand corner.
Adding Users to a Company
- To add users, navigate to the user's profile.
In our example we are adding John Doe as the company contact and the Billing Account Contact. In John's profile enter Widgets Incorporated in the company field to link John to that company. Enable the Company Manager checkbox to select John as a Company Manager.
This will allow him to access the profiles of other people in his company. Enable the Company Billing Account checkbox. This will allow him to setup a payment method to pay for all permits for users he manages.
Note: There can be multiple Company Managers for the same company but there can only be one Company Billing Account contact.
2. Click 'Submit for Processing' and then click the 'Information Correct' button.
3. You can continue to add users to the company in the same manner as described above, however if you try to add another Company Billing Account contact, you will see a message that indicates that John Doe is already the current Billing Account contact.
4. Go back to Search for a Company. If you click on the number 2, the system will take you to the user search screen displaying the 2 users associated with the company.
5. You will see the users displayed for that Company and the Manager and Billing contact will be indicated.