User Types Configuration
To setup a user type, go to the Admin Options menu and hover over Users to select User Types.
Create a New User Type
- The User Type Administration tool opens.
- To see a list of existing user types, click on the down arrowhead beside Add a New User Type.
- To add a user type, click on the Go button to bring up the User Type entry form.
In this example, we are creating a user type of Public Parker.
Enter the Type Name and set the Extend Info to Public. Click Add New to add this user type.
A Note On Extend Info:
Extend Info is the internal system master user types. There are four categories.
These master user types are important as they govern access to other items in the system. Payment types for example, can be restricted as far as being visible in the system to internal users, end users both as staff or student. You may want Payroll deduction only visible to Staff users, as an example. These preferred payment types are set by the OPS-COM technical team when configuring your site. You would have to contact the support team to make changes to these payment types.
The look and feel of the profile form itself is also affected by master user type. Student users would see items in the profile registration form that staff users would not see and vice versa.
The user type you create as a subset to these must fit one of these categories.
- Now when you look at the list of user type, notice Public Parker is now one of the user types.
Apply User Type to User
Applying a User Type to a user can be done when the user account is created. It can also be changed at any time in the future.
In the user profile, click in the field labeled Select User Type to display the pick list where you can choose Public Parker.
The user profile will now look like the following:
User Types in Searches
User Type can be used in search criteria as well. In the user search tool select Public Parker with no other search parameters set,
You will now see the John Public user in the returned search results simply based on the user type.
Configure Access to Lots with User Types
- In Lot Administration, the user type can be applied to provide or restrict access by user type.
In the General Tab, you can select what users have access to the lot in question by selecting the user types you wish to allow access to in the Lot Types section.
Under User Type Lot, select the user types you wish to have park in this lot. In our example, we are choosing Full Time Student, Part Time Student and our recently created Public Parker.
The scenario for this lot is that we will allow students as well as Public Parkers to purchase permits in this lot but not Staff/Faculty users.
- When looking at the list of lots in Lot Administration, you can see what user types a lot is configured for by clicking on Show/Hide Lot User Types.
In the example below Red Staff Lot is restricted to Full Time and Part Time Staff whereas Red Student Lot is accessible to both Full and Part Time Students as well as Public Parkers.
- By adding user type to lots the user side will appear as follows. In this example we are logged on as John Public.
When you go into the process of purchasing a permit, the system will only display lots that are configured for that user type.
In this example we see our Red Student Lot only.