7. Tap Uninstall to remove the application from the unit.
A Special Case: Full Clean Install
In some cases you may be asked by OPS-COM supportto do a full clean install that requires removing not only the OPS-COM app, but all it's associated files as well.
To do this you will need to first Uninstall the software as described in steps 1 to 7 above.
It bears repeating that If you are uninstalling the software to then reinstall it, do not uninstall the software if ViolationTransfer and/or VehicleTransfer tables contain data (view under Replication Status). These tables must be replicated to the server first to avoid data integrity issues.
There are two methods to remove these files for the android handheld device. It can be done directly from the handheld unit or by connecting the device to your PC. The following instruction describes both processes.
From the hanhdheld unit:
- Tap on the App Tray at he bottom right of the home screen display.
- Locate and tap on the icon labled My Files.
- The screen will refresh with a listing of file folder on the device. Locate and Long Press the folder labeled OPS-COM.
- A pop up window will appear giving you three options. Tap Delete to remove the folder.
- A confirmation screen will appear. Tap on OK to confirm. This will remove the OPS-COM folder and all it's contents.
From a PC with the tablet connected via USB cable:
- Go into Windows Explorer and locate the device under This PC. In this example the device is called Tomahawku-Galaxy Tab S.
Click on Tablet to see the file content of the device.
- Locate the folder entitled OPS-COM.
Right mouse click to bring up the drop down menu.
- From the list click on delete to remove the OPS-COM folder and all it's contents.
You are now able to reinstall the software with no possibility of artifacts from older installs affecting the new install.