Incident management reports and tracking is integrated into OperationsCommander through IncidentAdmin. IncidentAdmin is an "all-in-one" incident management platform for security teams to track issues and manage all aspects of physical security, investigations, and caseloads. It has been designed to suit the needs of a variety of operations including Colleges and Universities, private facility security, and niche security teams. Due to the sensitive nature of the information your team is dealing with, it is necessary to restrict information on a granular level. The IncidentAdmin module encourages you to plan your job descriptions so you can create roles and grant access to different roles based on need. For more information about permissions, refer to the Incident Permissions section of this wiki article.
This is a paid module and will not be available with all service levels.
It is important to configure several items prior to using the incident module. For information about Configuring IncidentAdmin, refer to this wiki article.
Working with IncidentAdmin
Incidents can be reported in several ways:
- Campus Security may observe violations as they occur
- Individuals may contact campus security to report incidents
- Staff may report incidents on behalf of fellow staff or students
- Requests to investigate may come from campus administration
- Incidents may be caught on surveillance cameras, etc.
Initiating the entry of incidents into the system can be done in a couple of ways.
These items can be generated in any order.
Once an incident is recorded in the system, Security Administrators can track the progress of any resulting investigation or follow-up events related to the incident.
Tasks can be created and assigned to officers, primary investigators, case workers and security administration through the incidents tool.
Investigators can track their progress from initial discovery through to resolution.
Steps taken in the process, as well as the outcome for individuals involved, can be recorded, and in turn, reported on through IncidentAdmin.
The following subjects are the main highlights in the workflow process in IncidentAdmin.
- Searching, viewingand editingincident records
- Working with related occurrences and violations
- Viewing "My Tasks" within IncidentAdmin
- Generating reportsfrom records stored in IncidentAdmin
A Word About Reports
There are a number of reports that can be generated in IncidentAdmin.
- Recent Incidents Summary Report - Lists the last 30 days of incident records. For more information, click here.
- Search Repeat Offenders - Report on individuals involved in multiple incidents.
- Weekly Stat Report - Reports on the number of all types of incidents that happened during a specified time span.
- Calls for Service - Reports on Calls For Service showing a list of tasks and who they are assigned to.
- Summary Search - Allows administrators to get a summary of all incidents that have been recorded within a specified time frame. For more information, click here.
- Summary Report - Allows administrators to produce a list in a spreadsheet format of incident summaries based on a date range.
- Report by Category - Search for incidents under defined categories within a specific time frame. For more information, click here.
- Sub Location Report - Search incidents filtered by sub location. For more information, click here.