When do we use this?
In order to configure the camera or load new firmware updates, it is necessary to log in to the camera to access the internal configuration interface. This article will provide instruction on how to connect and set up the Number Plate Reader Configurations both wirelessly and via wired connection.
Prerequisite: You will need to have your PL8RDR and camera connected in order to follow this guide. It is also useful to have the handheld unit connected as well.
The first step is to connect to your PL8RDR device via wireless connection. To do so bring up your systems Network Settings by following the steps below.
- Click on the Windows Home Button and start typing Control Panel. It should pop up under Best Match as you are typing.
- Click on Control Panel to access your Computer's Settings.
- A list of all available configuration items will appear. Click on Network and Internet.
- In Network and Sharing Center settings click on Connect to a Network.
- First make sure Wi-Fi is turned on by clicking the network icon at the bottom right of your screen. You will see a list of networks available to you. In this case we are looking for the pl8rdr.opscom network.
- Clicking the pl8rdr.opsom network will open a screen where you can click on Connect to join the network. You can also utilize the Connect automatically check box do avoid having to connect manually each time.
- Since the network is secured a password/PIN is required to connect. Click on Connect using a secure key instead to bring up a seperate password entry field.
- Enter the password into the empty field and click on Next.
(Note: The password would be provided by OperastionsCommander. If you do not know your password please contact email@example.com)
- You will be prompted to allow your PC to be discoverable by other PCs on this network. Click No as you do not want this connection to be open to other PC's.
- You will see the connection status below the pl8rdr.opscom network appear as Connected.
Now you can open a browser and enter the IP address of your camera in the go to field. If you do not know the P address of your camera see How to Find the IP Address of your Camera found below.
You will be prompted for a Username and Password.
Username Password superuser superuser
- The main Number Plate Reader Configurations page will appear. Note the IP address in the browser as well as the rest of the URL that will resolve automatically
- You are ready to edit the camera configuration at this point.
How to Find the IP Address of your Camera
- On the handheld unit go to main menu and tap on LPR Scanning.
- Once in the LPR screen tap on Status near the top right of the screen.
- You will see a list of connected devices. The device Type should be Tattile camera wifi.
- In this case the cameras IP address was 10.42.0.140. Enter the IP address for your device into the browsers URL and hit Enter.
Alternate Wired Connection
Connecting Through a Wired Connection Directly to the Camera
As an alternate, more advanced setup, you can also log in to the camera through a wired connection. The IP numbers presented here are samples meaning your IP's will be different.
To connect to the system, through a wired network system, the default IP address is 192.168.0.21
The subnet mask is 255.255.255.0
The default Username is superuser, and the default Password is superuser.
On your PC you will need to set the IP to be on the same network as the camera. We suggest setting it to 192.168.0.10 by following the steps below.
- Go into Windows Settings and find Network & Internet.
- Click on Change adaptor options.
- Right click on Local Area Connection and select Properties.
- Click on Internet Protocol to select it, and click on Properties.
- Select the radio button beside Use the following IP address.
- Enter the IP address: 192.168.0.10
- Enter the Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Once the camera is configured properly you can connect to it via network cable. To do this follow the steps below.
- Open a browser and enter http://192.168.0.21 into the URL.
- When prompted for a username and password enter superuser for both.