When do we use this?
The OPS-COM system has the ability to register deposits for various uses. For example deposits can be levied for Access Cards, Locker Rentals, etc. These deposits would be charged and collected when purchasing a permit.
Setting Up Deposit Types
- To begin navigate to the Admin Options menu, hover over Deposits and click on Manage from the resulting drop down menu.
- Once in the Manage Deposits Screen you will see a list of the existing deposit types. To create a new deposit type click on Create New Deposit.
- The screen will refresh with a blank form to be filled out. There are 4 items to consider.
Label - Enter the name you wish to use to identify the deposit type
Placeholder Text - This field is optional. Enter the prompt or sample information you wish to appear in the deposit Information (more on this later).
Flags - Toggle this button on if you wish to have the ability to edit the Assignable Text field in the resulting active deposit record that will appear in the user's profile (See step 16 below)
Deposit Amount - Enter the cost you wish to apply to this deposit.
- When complete, the form will look like this:
- Click on Save Changes to accept your entries. Notice the Access Card Deposit now appears in the list of deposits.
- Now that your deposit types are in place, they can be applied to specific lots. To do so, go to the Parking Management Menu, hover over Lot Administration and click on Pricing and Lot Admin.
- Once in Pricing and Administration, select the lot you wish to apply the deposit to by clicking on the lot name. In this case we are selecting the Green Staff Lot East.
- Once in Lot Administration, select the Zone & Location tab to view the available deposit types.
- From the list of deposit types click on the deposit you wish to apply. You can select more than one deposit type by holding the Ctrl key down when selecting.
- Once the deposit type is associated to the lot it will then be included in the purchase of a permit in that lot.
Let's have a look at a permit purchase with deposits in place. Go to a user's profile and select the Parking tab.
- Click on Standard Parking Permit to begin the permit purchase.
- Select the lot. In this case we select the Green Staff Lot East.
- Once the lot is selected, click on Register Permit.
- The Confirm Parking Permit Registration window will appear. Note the two deposits are listed and included in the Total Owing cost.
- Click on Purchase this Permit to begin the payment process.
- In this step the admin can record the access card and hang tag numbers. To do so, click on the Deposit Item name.
In this case click on "Access Card Deposit: Enter access card number here".
- In the Deposit Information pop-up window, enter the access card number in the Assigned Text field and click Update Deposit.
- Once entered, the number will now show on the Payments screen under deposits.
You may now proceed with the purchase in the usual manner.
If you remove the Permit from the payments screen, any associated deposit will also be automatically removed.